My favourite sweater

Hello. Today I'd like to share a project that I made about a year ago.
I want to admit, that this kind of dress like, medieval looking sweater is something I always wanted to have and wear.
And as a not very experienced crocheter I couldn't even imagine how to start making such  thing.
Inspiration and ideas appeared when I started crocheting a bunch of small pentagons for a blanket. I saw that nice shape and I thought "Hey, it would make a perfect bottom of something, a skirt or a dress maybe?
I made and connected 2 big pentagons and they looked really good. Then I used similar pattern to make sleeves (they were almost exactly the same kind of sleeves I wrote about in one of my previous posts).
I still didn't know how to join all the parts, but I figured it out and I made my long, comfy and pretty sweater.


As I mentioned, I made it for myself, so I realize it doesn't look too well on mannequin. I am as tall as my plastic model, but definitely not as skinny and I have a little longer and more proportional arms.
For this project I used about 400 grams of SMC acrylic yarn Bravo, colour beige, which is medium, very soft type of yarn, perfect for knitting and crocheting light, warm sweaters, shawls and scarves.
Anyway, I absolutely love this sweater and I really want to make a few more in different colours, with some interesting motifs and decorations.
I would also love to find some time and motivation to write down a proper scheme and publish it, before I forget all technical details.

No comments:

Post a Comment